Editor’s note: This post originally appeared on Think Apologetics. Tabernacle of David considers this resource trustworthy and Biblically sound.
Here is an interview for our weekly campus apologetics meeting at The Ohio State University. Here we interview Dr. Clay Jones: about his new book Immortal: How the Fear of Death Drives Us and What We Can Do About It. Some of the questions that are discussed are the following:
- What led you to write this book?
- How much do people fear their deaths?
- You write that the fear of death drives people, what do you mean by that?
- What do you mean by literal immortality projects?
- How successful are literal immortality projects?
- Many movies and TV shows talk about computers becoming conscious and we hear a lot about things like brain uploading and the singularity. What’s that about?
- Is it realistic that one day we’ll be able to upload our brains?
- An increasing number of people say they intend to be frozen, is that going to work?
- What are symbolic immortality projects?
- What’s wrong with symbolic immortality projects?
- How do atheists handle their fear of death?
- Many in our society have rejected belief in an afterlife, what is that doing to them?
- You mention in your book that a lot of Christians fear death, why is that?
- What is the Christian’s answer to the fear of death?