Editor’s note: This post originally appeared on David’s Tent, a ministry of Israeli believers Avner and Rachel Boskey. The Boskey’s have ministered at Tabernacle of David, and we consider them trustworthy and Biblically sound.
The spreading of false or evil reports is nothing new. In the Second Book of Moses, the God of Israel warns His people to stay far away from mass movements which, knowingly or unwittingly, pervert justice and stir up evil: “You shall not give a false report; do not join your hand with a wicked person to be a malicious witness. You shall not follow the crowd in doing evil, nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to join together with a crowd in order to pervert justice” (Exodus 23:1-2).
Another variation of this dynamic occurred in the days of Nehemiah, when he struggled to counteract evil reports brought by false prophets. The evil goals in this case were to strike fear into the hearts of Israel’s returning pioneers and cause them to abandon the struggle for national restoration, both spiritual and physical:
- Then I realized that God certainly had not sent him, but he uttered his prophecy against me because Tuvya and Sanballat had hired him. He was hired for this reason, that I would become frightened and act accordingly and sin, so that they might have an evil report in order that they could taunt me. Remember, my God, Tuvya and Sanballat in accordance with these works of theirs, and also No’ad-Yah the prophetess and the rest of the prophets, who were trying to frighten me (Nehemiah 6:12-14; see also Joshua 2:11; 7:5)
Much of recent reporting coming out of Israel and onto Main Stream Media (MSM) international news screens about developments in Israel fits the above biblical descriptions. The majority of these reports have more spin on them than a runaway gyroscope. Some of this is due to the lack of Hebrew facility on the part of foreign reporters. Some of it is due to news people’s inexperience regarding Israeli history, religion and politics (this is sometimes also true about a few Messianic voices in Israel). Then again, some of it is due to a ‘politically correct’ and left-wing socialist bent, an all-too-common professional liability in MSM reportage.
In light of the fact that world media is intensely focused on recent events in Israel (including ‘mostly peaceful’ demonstrations, Knesset filibusters and legislative activity, etc.), we have received many requests from readers around the world for clarity and insight. A good place to begin would be our last six newsletters, which trace the history and developments of these matters over the past 10 months (February 22, March 15, March 28, April 30, July 4, July 19). This newsletter presents some recently revealed news – a ‘smoking gun’ – regarding leadership, perspectives and strategies of those who are catalyzing and acting as the ‘behind the scenes’ leadership of the recent ‘civil disobedience’ and street violence in Israel. These facts have barely been addressed by Israeli and world MSM.
A specialist is someone 50 miles away from home
King Solomon shares his wisdom with us: “The first to plead his case seems right, until another comes and examines him. The cast lot puts an end to quarrels, and decides between the mighty ones” (Proverbs 18:17-18). Some dear friends have pointed out to us that, even among Israeli Messianic bloggers, different opinions are being espoused. The prophet Jeremiah wryly commented on a similar dynamic in his own day: “For as many as the number of your cities are your gods, Judah!” (Jeremiah 2:28). Though ‘the cast lot’ – an ancient parallel to ‘the election ballot’ – is supposed to decisively end national conflict, in Israel we have had many inconclusive election results, leading to wobbly coalitions and five elections in three and a half years.
- In the same way that most veins of gold are not found on the surface of the earth but require some earnest digging, so a balanced appraisal of current events in Israel requires some digging – some earnest weighing of facts and perspectives.
“I love it when a plan comes together” (Hannibal Smith in ‘The A-Team’)
Tension and barely concealed strife have existed within the Jewish State even before its international recognition in May 1948. The socialist Founding Fathers (like Ben-Gurion) exhibited a barely concealed disgust for conservative right-wingers (like Begin or Jabotinsky). Socialist-leaning oligarchs controlled the government and economy of this fledgling country until 1977, when Begin’s Likud took the political reins. For the better part of the last fifty years, the right wing has led Israel. Israel’s longest serving (over 15 years) and current Prime Minister is Benjamin (Bibi) Netanyahu. Over the past 15 years. Left-leaning oligarchs have used the ‘yellow journalism’ of their MSM organs to attack and attempt to unseat Bibi, for the most part unsuccessfully. This ongoing ‘media soap opera’ has been going on in full public view for many years. In November 2019, four main charges were filed (at the instigation of Bibi’s enemies) against PM Netanyahu, though so far none have led to conviction. These attacks have come from such enemies as former PMs Ehud Barak (Labor, Israel Democratic Party), Ehud Olmert (Likud, Kadima), General Dan Halutz, and Minister Avigdor Lieberman (Yisrael Beiteinu). Their desire to unseat Bibi and invalidate him from holding office is common knowledge among all Israelis.
- Though present media propaganda presents the street riots and mass demonstrations as a popular and grass-roots movement opposed to and responding to the recent Likud goal of judicial reform, recent recordings from 2020 have surfaced, revealing that the strategies of riots and civil disobedience were long-term strategies on the part of Bibi’s enemies. These items were discussed and planned three years before the present judicial reform issues came to the fore. They have now been activated, financed and are being directed under a false flag.
From ‘mostly peaceful’ demonstrations to street riots
In July 2020 former PM Ehud Barak addressed (excerpted with English subtitles) a private ZOOM meeting (excerpted with Hebrew subtitles) of retired Israel Air Force pilots and navigators (titled ‘Forum 555’) who all supported him in his desire to remove Bibi from office. The complete Hebrew video is found on YouTube. The meeting included Shikma Bressler and Moshe Redman, present leaders of the 2023 protest demonstrations. In that meeting Ehud Barak stated that Bibi is heading up “an attempted governmental coup.” A civil uprising is needed, he added, but it must be presented to the public as an uprising “for the sake of democracy,” rather than an attempt to unseat Netanyahu.
In the Zoom video Barak discusses strategies of a civilian revolt, including the use of slogans, civil disobedience, and both general and ultimate goals of the protest movement. He stated that he will raise the necessary funds to cover all logistics for the project, including flags, banners and PA systems. He continued, stating that the more that there are clashes with the government, the stronger would the opposition’s resistance become. This would inevitably lead to the government needing to use force against the demonstrators, which would again bolster the protest movement. In Barak’s words, when an army shoots into a crowd, the government is bound to fall.
Israel’s Public Diplomacy Minister Galit Distel Atbaryan publicized this video on July 21, 2023. Israeli Transport Minister Miri Regev sent a letter to Attorney General Gali Baharav-Miara calling for an investigation to be opened against former Prime Minister Ehud Barak and Forum 555 for allegedly inciting a coup d’état. Regev stated that the video clip “shows without any shadow of a doubt that beginning in March 2020, former officials began concocting a plan for a coup d’état and civil disobedience, with detailed and careful planning.”
On January 14, 2023 Barak gave an interview to Israel Channel 12, where he declared: “This government is legal but clearly illegitimate because of its plan to crush Israeli democracy . . . We are witnessing a coup here. This is an assassination of the Declaration of Independence, and democracy must defend itself . . . It is clearly illegitimate to assassinate the Declaration of Independence. It is not the right of every citizen, it is the duty of every citizen to come and fight for the security of the government and the rights and dignity of human beings, for the security, the future of the country and equality and freedom. Civil disobedience is a very important thing and that means blocking roads, civil disobedience is the duty of citizens when the government has gone mad.”
Ehud Barak gave a speech in Haifa on Saturday June 10, 2023, where he told his audience: “To this end, the protest must increase and move to civil rebellion, or in more precise language, nonviolent civil disobedience . . . The script for civil disobedience was written by Mahatma Gandhi, who drove the British Empire from India, by Martin Luther King, who led the struggle for civil rights for blacks, by the young people of the United States, who pulled it out of Vietnam, and by those who removed [Slobodan] Milošević from his dictator’s chair in Serbia. I am calling upon all the citizens of Israel to prepare for the call to act, and when the call comes, to answer it. We will fight, and we will not fear anyone or anything. The purpose of the protest must be clear. There are no compromises with someone who tried to destroy democracy.”
A salami-style military coup?
One of the most recent strategic steps taken by the protest organizers is to declare that certain top pilots, SIGINT personnel and special operations forces reserve soldiers will no longer show up for training and perhaps not even for duty. Figures of 10,000+ have been bandied about in the media. One of Israel’s top intelligence journalists and strategic affairs correspondents is Yossi Melman. On July 20, 2023 he wrote an analysis in the Israeli newspaper Ha’aretz: “A Military Coup Is Underway in Israel – and It’s Completely Justified.”
- A military coup is underway in Israel. This is the unvarnished truth. At the same time, there is an attempt to play with words in order to avoid looking the reality in the eye. The rebels and their supporters are employing euphemisms and resorting to linguistic acrobatics rather than stating unequivocally that there is insubordination among many Israel Defense Forces reservists. They refer to it instead as ‘ceasing to volunteer’ . . . It’s more comfortable for all involved not to explicitly use the phrase ‘military coup,’ but if the issue is to be effectively addressed, the reality must be faced head-on and called by its rightful name . . . [This] is a military coup for the sake of democracy.
Top British journalist Melanie Phillips states that “we owe Ha’aretz a debt of gratitude for tearing aside at least one of the veils of obfuscation to call this crisis out for what it is – a military coup.”
- “What does endanger democracy, is refusal to serve. Refusal to serve endangers the security of us all, of every citizen of Israel. In a democracy, the military is subordinate to the government – it does not compel the government. When elements in the military try – with threats – to dictate policy to the government, this is unacceptable in any democracy, and if they succeed in dictating their threats, this is the end of genuine democracy.”
One who troubles his own house will inherit wind (Proverbs 11:29)
And say to them, “This is what YHVH God says: ‘Behold, I am going to take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land. And I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. And one king will be king for all of them. And they will no longer be two nations, and no longer be divided into two kingdoms. They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their offenses. But I will rescue them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God’” (Ezekiel 37:21-23)
How should we then pray?
- Pray for sanity and discernment from God to heal Israel’s lost sheep caught up in deception
- Pray for God’s sanity and discernment to transform the hearts and minds of Israel’s politicians at all levels
- Pray for the outpouring of Holy Spirit on Israel, the Spirit of grace and supplications, leading to national salvation through Messiah Yeshua
- Pray for the raising up of Ezekiel’s prophetic Jewish army throughout the earth
Your prayers and support hold up our arms and are the very practical enablement of God to us in the work He has called us to do.
In Messiah Yeshua,
Donations can be sent to:
FINAL FRONTIER MINISTRIES
BOX 121971 NASHVILLE TN 37212-1971 USA
Donations can also be made on-line (by PayPal) through: www.davidstent.org