Editor’s note: This post originally appeared on David’s Tent, a ministry of Israeli believers Avner and Rachel Boskey. The Boskey’s have ministered at Tabernacle of David, and we consider them trustworthy and Biblically sound.
- And Yeshua’s father and mother were amazed at the things which were being said about Him. And Shimon blessed them and said to His mother Miriam, “Behold, this Child is appointed for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and as a sign to be opposed – and a sword will pierce your own soul – to the end that thoughts from many hearts may be revealed” (Luke 2:33-35)
- Therefore, if the whole congregation gathers together and all the people speak in tongues, and outsiders or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are insane? But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an outsider enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all; the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so, he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you (1 Corinthians 14:23-25)
- Yeshua said to her, “Go, call your husband and come here.” The woman answered and said to Him, “I have no husband.” Yeshua said to her, “You have correctly said, ‘I have no husband’; for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; this which you have said is true.” The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet!” (John 4:16-19)
- For who among people knows the thoughts of a person except the spirit of the person that is in him? So also, the thoughts of God no one knows, except the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 2:11)
The CIA, the SVR-RF (formerly KGB), the British Secret Intelligence Service (MI6), the Service de documentation extérieure et de contre-espionnage (SDEDE; formerly le Deuxième Bureau), the German Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND), the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, Israel’s ha-Mosád le-Modiʿín u-le-Tafkidím Meyuḥadím (the Mossad – Institute for Intelligence and Special Operations) – all of these national security organizations make it their business to uncover the secret thoughts of many hearts. The lifeblood of intelligence analysts is to penetrate into the heart and mind of their target – to understand their worldview and their habits, their motivations and their way of thinking. This often involves more art than science.
The famous Louis Agassiz (Professor at Neuchâtel, Harvard and Cornell) explained to his students, “Facts are stupid things unless brought into connection with some general law.” The most brilliant intelligence analysts, even if they have access to the most reliable sources, can sometimes walk right by the very thing they are looking for, without being aware of it. An outstanding example was James Jesus Angleton, Chief of CIA Counterintelligence for more than 20 years, who failed to discover Soviet double-agents living in Washington, D.C. That included his especially close friend Kim Philby, a KGB master spy who was simultaneously chief British liaison to US intelligence agencies.
A wilderness of mirrors
The English author T.S. Eliot once asked: “In a wilderness of mirrors what will the spider do?” His question: should the spider attack what seems to be an incoming threat, or is that threat only a mirrored reflection of himself? The term ‘a roomful of mirrors’ describes a confusing or disorienting situation in which it is difficult to distinguish between truth and illusion, between competing versions of reality. James Jesus Angleton liked Eliot’s term ‘wilderness of mirrors’ and used it to describe the “myriad of stratagems, deceptions, artifices, and all the other devices of disinformation which the Soviet bloc and its coordinated intelligence services use to confuse and split the West . . . an ever fluid landscape where fact and illusion merge.” At the end of his life, Angleton, having somewhat lost contact with reality, succumbed to paranoia regarding the issue of Soviet double-agent penetration of Western intelligence agencies. He had become a prisoner of his own ‘wilderness of mirrors.’
The October 7, 2023 jihadi mega-atrocity terror attack by Hamas is connected to another ‘wilderness of mirrors,’ even apart from it being Vladimir Putin’s birthday. Various sources are being uncovered by Israeli Hebrew-speaking media and social media, revealing that concrete information of the pending Hamas terrorist onslaught had made its way into the hands of IDF signals intelligence prior to the October 7 ‘Black Saturday’ attacks. A Hamas manual with full battle plans for the October 7 terror attack was one of these items. It included plans to conquer IDF positions in southern Israel bordering the Gaza border region; capturing kibbutzim and moshavim in the area; murdering and kidnapping residents; and attacking the three regional cities of Sderot, Ofaqim and Netivot. It described how pick-up trucks would launch the invasion along with motorbikes and hang-gliders, and how a barrage of Hamas anti-tank missiles, rockets and mortar fire would prepare the way for the attack. This is exactly how the jihadi terror attack unfolded on October.
Israeli journalist Avishai Grinzaig gave a presentation about this on Kan Channel 11 Israeli TV on Thursday, November 23, 2023; Channel 12 broadcasted a similar report that evening. Later that evening Grinzaig’s clip was edited by the IDF military censor and shrunk from 3:44 minutes to 2:32 minutes. Other cases have also come to light: a senior and experienced non-commissioned officer as well as a junior officer in the IDF’s prestigious UNIT 8200 (signal intelligence) alerted a senior IDF officer well in advance of October 7, of what looked like drills by two companies of Hamas’s elite Nukhba force for a major terrorist operation – a highly organized and meticulously planned mass invasion of Israel. The drills included conquering a model of a kibbutz, of the Erez IDF checkpoint, and of IDF armored vehicles. That senior officer dismissed their warnings as “fantasies.” He stated that a distinction needed to be made between what Hamas could plan and what it could accomplish in reality. He then threatened them with military punishment if they persisted in shouting out a warning: “I don’t want to hear again about this nonsense. If you all bother us again with these things, you’ll be court-martialed.”
The Hamas manual also sketched out a taqiyya strategy of deception based on Islamic principles, whereby Israel would be lulled into complacency in various ways:
- by Hamas offering to hold negotiations with Israel for some form of long-term rapprochement
- by Hamas staging frequent drills and carrying out small security incidents on the border on Saturdays and Jewish holidays, giving the IDF a false sense of security that only small attacks were likely
A similar dynamic occurred in Israel’s history exactly 50 years and one day prior to the October 7 attack – on October 6, 1973. The Yom Kippur War (also known in the Arab world as the Ramadan or October War) surprised an unprepared Israel. Eleven hostile Arab invaders (Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Kuwait, Sudan), as well as six supporting nations (Soviet Union, East Germany, North Korea, Pakistan Lebanon and Cuba) broke through into Sinai and the Golan Heights.
Amazingly, just before the outbreak of the Yom Kippur War in October 1973, AMAN (Israeli military intelligence) and the MOSSAD had received the entire Arab order of battle as well as many concrete warnings, including from a Mossad double-agent who was President Anwar Sadat’s son-in-law. But the military, intelligence and political shomrei hasaf (Hebrew, watchmen or gatekeepers) had let their guard down. The prevailing perspective (konseptzia in Hebrew) was that the Arab world would never dare to attack Israel and if they did, they would be quickly and soundly broken on the battlefield. But in the meantime, Soviet military and intelligence forces analyzed Israeli weaknesses and came up with deadly battlefield strategies. These included new battlefield weapons like the anti-tank AT-3 Sagger, the latest SAM 6 anti-aircraft missiles, jamming equipment, etc., as well as strategic military disinformation. Israel’s false assumptions and lack of preparedness cost the IDF dearly in military casualties: an estimated 2,800 dead; 8,800 wounded; 293 captured; 400 tanks destroyed and 663 damaged or captured; 407 armored vehicles destroyed or captured; 102 aircraft destroyed.
- There seems to be a poetic irony: the Hamas massacre October 7, 2023 and the surprise attack of the Yom Kippur War on October 6, 1973 both had a similar dynamic – watchmen who were blind, ignorant and unable to bark out a warning. That prophetic irony is reflected in the words of the prophet Isaiah over 2,700 years ago: “His watchmen are blind. All of them know nothing. All of them are mute dogs unable to bark – dreamers lying down, who love to slumber” (Isaiah 56:10).
Waiting for shawarma
A few years ago, Rachel and I went out to buy fast-food shawarma near Jerusalem. A former head of Israel’s Shabak/GSS (Israel’s FBI) came in to order take-out. For many years I had hoped to meet this man and ask him a question or two. I went up to him, engaged him in conversation and then asked him: Is it possible that the General Security Services and the Mossad underestimated an important factor in their fight against jihadi Islam – the spiritual dynamic of jihad? Could it be that this underestimating of the enemy hobbled the security services from being more effective in dealing with these people? He agreed that they may well have underestimated the power of jihadi beliefs in the equation. Yet this man and many other Israeli ‘gatekeepers’ basically believe that it is possible to cut a deal with the PLO, the Palestinian Authority and perhaps even Hamas – and that a Palestinian state is something with which Israel can co-exist. All problems are solvable – if Israel makes it financially worthwhile and stays out of Gaza’s way.
Of course, this man is probably not a believer in God; he certainly doesn’t give that impression. He and most of his fellow gatekeepers – heads of Mossad, GSS, IDF Chiefs, AMAN (IDF military intelligence) – seem to look upon religious faith as something for less evolved and more simplistic people. Spiritual beliefs are a side issue when considering geopolitical realities, they would probably say. These gatekeepers’ blindness is anchored in their secular worldview, one which ignores or mocks the biblical reality of Satan and the demonic. For them, Islam is simply one of the three great monotheistic faiths. The murderous anti-Jewish teachings of Islam’s source documents should simply be dismissed out of hand as ‘bad form.’ See my book ‘Jews, Arabs and the Middle East: a Messianic perspective’ for more background, available at http://www.davidstent.org/.
The threats that jihad poses to Israel are all too real. Yet they have been ignored by a predominantly secular Jewish country more in tune with Starbucks than with Shabbat. Many of our gatekeepers failed to adequately guard the gates of Israel, and 3,000 jihadi rapists and murderers just flooded into the kibbutzim and towns of the Western Negev. Blurred vision not only characterizes the security services; it also find a comfortable armchair among Israeli politicians and diplomats, professors and oligarchs. Instead of warning Israel and preparing for the clash with international jihad, these gatekeepers have become ‘partners in peace’ with our mortal enemies. They have fallen asleep on the job. October 7, 2023 was a massive wake-up call.
Gazan and West Bankers – partners in jihad
The rumbling of lies is increasingly heard in world media as brazen statements abound about how Gazan Palestinians are ‘mostly peaceful innocents’ and how West Bank Palestinians ‘want nothing but to live a quiet life and be reconciled to Israel.’ These two points could not be further from the truth. Here are some US Administration statements which make some false declarations which do not meet the test of reality, and then two recent Palestinian Public Opinion Polls taken in Gaza and the West Bank by Palestinian organizations which set matters straight:
- POTUS Biden, October 15, 2023: “”But I think Israel understands that a significant portion of Palestinian people do not share the views of Hamas and Hezbollah”
- Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, October 18, 2023: In Secretary Blinken’s Call with Palestinian Authority President Abbas, “the Secretary expressed continuing U.S. support for the Palestinian people, stressing that Hamas terrorists do not represent Palestinians or their legitimate aspirations for self-determination and equal measures of dignity, freedom, security, and justice.”
- POTUS Biden, October 20, 2023: “Hamas does not represent the Palestinian people.”
According to the November 14, 2023 Public Opinion Poll conducted by the Arab World for Research and Development (AWRAD) and published by the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research (PSR) in Ramallah, West Bank, here are some results:
- 75% of Palestinians support Hamas’s murderous attacks, including rape and beheadings, as opposed to only 13% who disapprove.
- 59.3% of the Palestinians expressed “extreme support” for the actions of Hamas on October 7, and 14.8% “somewhat support” them. 6.9% either “somewhat do not support” or are “extremely against” Hamas actions.
- If new elections were held today, Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh would win 58% of the vote, while Mahmoud Abbas would only receive 37%.
- Hamas’ armed struggle (terrorism) against Israel was supported by 58% of the Palestinian public.
- 71% of the Palestinians support the formation of armed groups to murder Israelis.
Here are some conclusions which can be drawn from the above statistics:
- West Bank Palestinian leaders refuse to condemn Hamas’s October 7 massacre of Israelis because they know that many Palestinians support the atrocities committed by the Iran-backed Palestinian terrorist group
- Since such a large number of Palestinians in the West Bank support Hamas and the murder of Israelis, any new Palestinian state set up in either the West Bank or Gaza or both together, would be controlled by Hamas/the jihadi movement within the Palestinian Authority
- 80% of Palestinians reject both the ‘one-state’ solution (Jews and Arabs) and the ‘two-state’ solution (one Jewish and Arab, and one only Arab). Instead, they demand all the territory between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea – in short, the entire present State of Israel
- The only solution most Palestinians are willing to accept is one that leads to the murder of all Jews and the destruction of the state of Israel
A majority of Palestinians want to replace Israel with an Iran-backed terror state, one which would feel comfortable burning, beheading, torturing, raping, murdering and kidnapping Jews.
Any country whose leaders advocate establishing a two-state solution which would incorporate such a populace is pushing – not for a solution – but for ‘a Final Solution’ for the Jewish people. Such behavior does not come from those who ultimately seek our best interests.
Insistence that Israel must commit national suicide by submitting to such international pressure, and threats against the Jewish state unless it accepts this solution as ‘the only path to peace’ and ‘the best we can do’ – these are false and evil claims, and they are based on satanic deception.
World leaders in Spain, Belgium, Russia, France, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc., are pushing hard for a ceasefire. Buch a step would result in two nefarious results: one, Hamas and its jihadi advocates would declare that they have defeated Israel, and this would increase the strength of jihadi forces worldwide. Two, Israel would still have a murderous Hamas-ISIS army on its borders, actively seeking to carry out more mega-pogroms like October 7, 2023. Those world leaders who advocate such solutions are not our friends and allies.
How should we then pray?
- Pray for jihadi deception, dissimulation and lying to be uncovered and rejected by world leaders
- Pray for clarity, moral courage, discernment and strategies for Israel’s leadership at all levels in utterly destroying the Hamas threat
- Pray for Hamas’ cruel terror dictatorship in Gaza to be finally shattered and all chains broken off the Palestinians living there
- Pray for minimal loss of life on Israel’s side and for those Gazans who are truly innocent
- Pray for the physical rescue of the approximately 224 Israelis (including babies) kidnapped by Hamas.
- Pray that the outstretched arm of YHVH will not return before it brings justice to God’s enemies
- Pray for the raising up of Ezekiel’s prophetic Jewish army throughout the earth
Your prayers and support hold up our arms and are the very practical enablement of God to us in the work He has called us to do.
In Messiah Yeshua,
Donations can be sent to:
FINAL FRONTIER MINISTRIES
BOX 121971 NASHVILLE TN 37212 – 1971 USA
Donations can also be made on – line (by PayPal) through: www.davidstent.org