Editor’s note: This post originally appeared on David’s Tent, a ministry of Israeli believers Avner and Rachel Boskey. The Boskey’s have ministered at Tabernacle of David, and we consider them trustworthy and Biblically sound.
There is a yawning gap between Hollywood movies and real life. Nevertheless, many prefer the drug of cinematographic fantasy to the simple truth, and lots of people in the West have been blinded by the silver screen, shying away from the hard facts.
It seems that a significant amount of people are willfully ignoring some uncomfortable truths – the brutal atrocities of the jihadi terrorist organization Hamas. Instead, some are choosing to support anarchist marches calling for ‘jihadi justice.’ They are participating in anti-Jewish demonstrations calling for genocide against Jacob’s sons and daughters. Sometimes it feels like the inmates have taken over the asylum, and that the Nazis’ spiritual descendants have taken over the United Nations. What’s next as this world’s dance turns into death?
On October 7, 2023 Hamas proudly filmed its slaughters, tortures, beheadings and mass rapes, broadcasting them live on social media. This monstrous footage is available on the internet, though many have not seen it. But to see such things is to look directly into the abyss, and I do not advise it. However, due to much of the world’s incredibly short span of attention and its propensity to be so easily distracted, it is important to be aware that these atrocities actually happened. They are real. And they are an irreplaceable key to help people understand why Israel’s population is unreservedly committed to wiping out – down to the last jihadi – that demonized evil called Hamas.
This newsletter takes a look at God’s biblical perspective on rape, and then briefly describes Hamas’ satanically motivated atrocities against Jews in their murderous pogrom of October 7, 2023. If you would prefer not to be exposed to descriptions of these events, feel free to only read the first part of this newsletter. But do pray with us based on the prayer guidelines at the end of the newsletter, in any case!
The punishment for rape is death
Moses instructs us: “But if the man finds a girl . . . in the field, and the man seizes her and rapes her, then only the man who raped her shall die . . . For just as a man rises against his neighbor and murders him, so is this case. When he found her in the field, the . . . girl cried out, but there was no one to save her” (Deuteronomy 22:25-27). The penalty for rape is the death sentence, says the God of Israel.
The rape of Jacob’s daughter Dina happened 400 years before Moses, yet it was treated by her brothers Simeon and Levi as deserving of the same judgment. Unfortunately, it seems that her father Jacob was more concerned about how the Canaanites might react to divine justice, than about defending the honor of his own flesh and blood:
- Now Dinah the daughter of Leah, whom she had borne to Jacob, went out to visit the daughters of the land. When Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, the prince of the land, saw her, he took her and lay with her and raped her . . . Now it came about on the third day . . . that two of Jacob’s sons—Simeon and Levi, Dinah’s brothers – each took his sword and came upon the city undetected, and killed every male. They killed Hamor and his son Shechem with the edge of the sword, and took Dinah from Shechem’s house, and left. Jacob’s sons came upon those killed and looted the city, because they had defiled their sister. They took their flocks, their herds, and their donkeys, and that which was in the city and that which was in the field; and they captured and looted all their wealth and all their little ones and their wives, even everything that was in the houses. Then Jacob said to Simeon and Levi, “You have brought trouble on me by making me repulsive among the inhabitants of the land, among the Canaanites and the Perizzites; and since my men are few in number, they will band together against me and attack me, and I will be destroyed, I and my household!” But they said, “Should he treat our sister like a prostitute?” (Genesis 34)
A few hundred years after Moses, certain wicked Benjaminites from the town of Gibeah attempted to gang-rape a male Levite who was spending the night in their town as a guest. Hospitality has nearly sacred dimensions in the Middle East; there are parallels between this incident and how the men of Sodom attempted to rape the angels visiting Lot (see Genesis 19:4-16):
- While they were celebrating, behold, the men of the city, certain worthless men, surrounded the house, pushing one another at the door. And they spoke to the owner of the house, the old man, saying, “Bring out the man who entered your house that we may have relations with him.” Then the man, the owner of the house, went out to them and said to them, “No, my brothers, please do not act so wickedly. Since this man has come into my house, do not commit this vile sin. Here is my virgin daughter and the man’s concubine. Please let me bring them out, then rape them and do to them whatever you wish. But do not commit this act of vile sin against this man.” But the men would not listen to him. So the man seized his concubine and brought her outside to them. And they raped her and abused her all night until morning, then let her go at the approach of dawn (Judges 19:22-25)
The entire nation of Israel was shocked at this atrocity which has carried out on one Jewish women – she was raped to death by a group of wicked Jewish men. The entire army of Israel gathered together to insist on justice, “so that when they come to Gibeah of Benjamin, they may punish them for all the vile sin that they have committed in Israel:”
- So all the men of Israel were gathered against the city, united as one man. Then the tribes of Israel sent men through the entire tribe of Benjamin, saying, “What is this wickedness that has taken place among you? Now then, turn over the men, the worthless men who are in Gibeah, so that we may put them to death and remove this wickedness from Israel.” But the sons of Benjamin would not listen to the voice of their brothers, the sons of Israel (Judges 20:10-13)
In the battle which followed, triggered over the rape and murder of one Jewish woman, a total of over 60,000 Jewish fighting men were killed. This was a very sober price to pay to purge out wickedness in the Jewish nation.
- And Yonadav, the son of Shime’ah, David’s brother, responded, “Let my lord not assume that they have put to death all the young men, the king’s sons, for only Amnon is dead; because this has been set up by the intent of Absalom since the day that he violated his sister Tamar” (2 Samuel 13:32).
In Bible times, whether rape was carried out by Gentiles or by Jews, the death penalty was the same for both – the death sentence. The honor of God demanded holiness and purity of sexual intimacy from God’s people. Sexual violence and impurity were anathema both to the God of Israel and to His Jewish people.
A fountain of tears
The prophet Jeremiah wept over how anti-Jewish enemies murdered and raped their way through the cities of Judah. His tears mingle with those of today’s Israelis who have suffered similar atrocities at the hands of Hamas jihadis:
- Remember, YHVH, what has come upon us! Look, and see our disgrace! Our inheritance has been turned over to strangers, our houses to foreigners. We have become orphans, without a father. Our mothers are like widows . . . They violated the women in Zion, the virgins in the cities of Judah. Leaders were hung by their hands; elders were not respected . . . Elders are absent from the gate; young men from their music. The joy of our hearts has ended; our dancing has been turned into mourning. The crown has fallen from our head . . . Because of this our heart is faint; because of these things our eyes are dim – because of Mount Zion which lies desolate (Lamentations 5:1-18)
- Oh, that my head were waters and my eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for those slain of the daughter of my people! (Jeremiah 9:1)
Dedicated to the one I hate
The God of Israel commanded Joshua to raze Jericho to the ground due to its idolatries and abominations. The Hebrew word used in Joshua 6:17-18 is cherem (חֵ֫רֶם); it means dedicating or appointing something to utter destruction. To put Canaanite cities ‘under the ban’ meant that they would be dedicated to total destruction (see Leviticus 27:28-29; Number 21:2-3; Deuteronomy 7:1-5; 13:16-17; 20:16-17; Joshua 11:14).
Dr. Gleason Archer notes in his A Survey of Old Testament Introduction: “In view of the corrupting influence of the Canaanite religion, especially with its religious prostitution . . . and infant sacrifice, it was impossible for pure faith and worship to be maintained in Israel except by the complete elimination of the Canaanites themselves” (see Revelation 18:20-21). God’s severe mercies are far removed from ‘politically correct’ and ‘woke’ perspectives. His judgments on Canaan, on the world in the days of Noah, and on Hamas might not be the same as that of the United Nations, the European Union, or Qatar – but they are 100% God’s take on what needed (and needs) to be done.
YHVH made an oath that He would have war with Edom from generation to generation. He also took a vow to blot out the people descended from Edom’s son Amalek. In our day we are observing this ancient biblical promise coming into fulfilment. Though many do not know either Biblical teaching or history in this regard, the majority of today’s Palestinians are descendants of these Edomite forefathers (see https://davidstent.org/yhvh-will-have-war-against-amalek-from-generation-to-generation/ and ‘Jews, Arabs and the Middle East: A Messianic Perspective’).
- The pronouncement of the word of YHVH to Israel through Malachi: “I have loved you,” says YHVH. But you say, “How have You loved us?” “Was Esau not Jacob’s brother?” declares YHVH. “Yet I have loved Jacob; but I have hated Esau, and I have made his mountains a desolation and given his inheritance to the jackals of the wilderness.” Though Edom says, “We have been beaten down, but we will return and build up the ruins”; this is what YHVH of armies says: “They may build, but I will tear down; and people will call them the territory of wickedness, and the people with whom YHVH is indignant forever.” And your eyes will see this, and you will say, “YHVH be exalted beyond the border of Israel!” (Malachi 1:1-5; see also Romans 9:11-13).
Part two: Hamas atrocities
“God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him. Male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:27). One of the main goals of Satan is to disfigure, mutilate and destroy anything or anyone who reflects the image of God. Messiah Yeshua taught that “the thief comes only to kill and destroy” (John 10:10). The atrocities that Satan catalyzed (through Hamas and its partner Palestinian Islamic Jihad) had a triple purpose – to release a wave of fear and terror throughout the world; to catalyze a tsunami of anti-Semitic hatred across the face of this planet; and to blot out the image of God by desecrating that image through murdering, torturing, raping and mutilating Israelis on that day.
- The foundational need for these bestial actors to be taken down is connected to justice – God’s justice in His word, and mankind’s justice as codified in centuries of jurisprudence.
In Judges 5:28-30 the mother of Israel’s Canaanite enemy is anxiously waiting for her son General Sisera to return from his slaughter and plunder of the Jewish people in the Jezreel Valley. She waxes poetic about how he will bring with him the spoils of war, including rare colored fabrics and a few Jewish women to rape: “Out of the window she looked and wailed, the mother of Sisera through the lattice: ‘Why does his chariot delay in coming? Why do the hoofbeats of his chariots delay?’ Her wise princesses would answer her – indeed, she repeats her words to herself – ‘Are they not finding, are they not dividing the spoils? A womb, two wombs for every warrior!’” The Hebrew word for ‘womb’ here is ‘rachama /rechem’ (‘uterus’ or ‘vagina’). Rape as part of Middle Eastern warfare has ancient roots. Though rape may still be common practice throughout the Middle East, it is not the case with the Israel Defense Forces, who have no reputation for raping Arab women.
The following are links from news media sources considered responsible and accurate in their reporting. They can be consulted for more details about Hamas atrocities on October 7, 2023:
These articles describe in greater detail interviews with eyewitnesses to Hamas massacres, gang-rapes, tortures and murders. There are interviews with medical professionals – those who found the bodies of victims; those who applied forensics to the vast crime scenes; those pathologists who performed autopsies on bodies, pieces of bodies, and teeth, etc.
Without going into great detail, the credible eyewitnesses, medical professionals and Hamas video footage reveal:
- gang rapes, one of which involved ten Hamas men against one Jewish woman. In most cases the rape was followed by murdering the victims. In some cases, the woman was murdered during the rape
- corpses found of rape victims of both sexes and all ages with broken pelvises
- necrophilia (sexual relations with the corpses of murdered Israelis)
- rape of men and women and children of all ages, followed by castration and mutilation of private parts, limbs, faces to the point that one could not tell if the victim was a man or woman
- decapitation of people who were still alive
- murdering victims with hammers
- women shot in the crotch, or having their breasts cut off and kicked around like a soccer ball, before being executed
- rape and murder of teenage girls in their own bedrooms
- Arabic notes found on Hamas terrorists clearly indicated that the raping of Jewish women was a direct operational goal
- Hamas jihadis explaining that they were given instructions by commanders to kill, behead and crush the skulls of everyone, and to cut off people’s legs
- Jihadis were instructed to kill young men and teenagers, and to kidnap the elderly, women and children
- An unborn baby was cut out of her mother’s womb and then beheaded with the umbilical cord still attached – and then the mother was beheaded – all of this filmed live
Violating the daughters of Zion
“They violated the women in Zion, the virgins in the cities of Judah” (Lamentations 5:11). History sometimes repeats itself. What was common in Jeremiah’s day, was common on October 7, 2023 when Hamas jihadis raped, tortured and murdered innocent women, teenagers, babies and pensioners of both sexes as they carried out their pogrom in the Israeli farms and kibbutzim bordering Gaza. At a US State Department briefing, Spokesman Matthew Miller was asked a question by a reporter: “The Israeli Government is conducting this investigation to look at Hamas using rape as a weapon of war against Israeli women and girls on the 7th. They say they’ve now collected more than 1,500 eyewitness accounts of sexual assault, sexual violence, including rape against women and girls that day.” Miller responded:
- “Hamas has committed sexual violence. They’ve committed rape. We have no reason at all to doubt those reports. When you look at all of the atrocities that Hamas carried out on October 7th and the atrocities that they’ve carried out since, the fact that they continue to hold women hostages, the fact that they continue to hold children hostages, the fact that it seems one of the reasons they don’t want to turn women over that they’ve been holding hostage and the reason this pause fell apart is they don’t want those women to be able to talk about what happened to them during their time in custody – certainly there is very little that I would put beyond Hamas when it comes to its treatment of civilians, and particularly its treatment of women.”
Part of the reason Hamas violated its hostage deal mid-way is connected, said Miller, to its damage-control course correction. Hamas has no problem raping, torturing and murdering Israelis or all ages and sexes. But when it realizes that it might lose some public sympathy over blowback issues here, it has no problem making use of what Goebbels and Hitler called ‘the big lie.’ In Mein Kampf Hitler explains:
- “In the primitive simplicity of [average people’s] minds, they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation”
Yesterday, according to the Saudi al-Arabiya channel, Hamas dismissed claims by women and advocacy groups regarding documented eyewitness, medial forensic and video proofs of rape, murder, torture and sexual war crimes against Israelis on October 7, 2023. Hamas charged that the allegations were part of “Zionist campaigns which promote unfounded lies and allegations to demonize the Palestinian resistance,” and that they are part of “a series” or Israeli “lies” since the start of the war.
As the OSS (precursor to the CIA) stated in their psychological profile of Adolf Hitler: “His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.”
Israel cannot live with Hamas or the equivalent next door
The horror of having demonized neighbors living next door who are murderers at the level of the SS and ISIS, makes some points crystal clear, at least for Israelis:
- Hamas and their fellow travelers in the Palestinian Authority can no longer walk and breathe in Gaza
- Any world leader who pushes for either one of those above options for Gaza does not seek the good of the Israeli people
- Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s Disengagement from Gaza (2005) is dead. It has turned into a wide-open back door for jihadis and enemies of Israel to regain strength, power and murderous influence
- The Oslo Accords (1993 – Clinton, Rabin, Arafat) are also dead, for the same reasons. The Palestinian Authority has the same philosophy, and approach to terror and the validity of the Jewish state, as does Hamas
- The explosion of anti-Semitism connected to the wicked deeds of Hamas and Iran is a flashing light and a benchmark that the prophetic pace of world events is picking up speed
- God warns the world that He will judge the nations based on how they will divide the Land of Israel (see Joel 3:1-12) and conquer it with great cruelty (see Zechariah 14:1-2). These dynamics indicate that we are drawing much closer to the Return of Messiah Yeshua
How should we then pray?
- Pray for the physical rescue of the approximately 138 Israelis (including babies) kidnapped by Hamas, Islamic Jihad and PFLP/PLO. Some hostages are being tortured, raped and starved (this based on testimonies of recently released hostages). Hamas is holding onto many corpses as well for bargaining power.
- Pray for Hamas’ cruel terror dictatorship in Gaza to be finally shattered and all chains broken off the Palestinians living there
- Pray for jihadi deception, dissimulation and anti-Semitism to be uncovered and rejected by world leaders
- Pray for justice, clarity, moral courage, discernment and divine strategies for Israel’s leadership in utterly destroying the jihadi threat in all of its aspects
- Pray for minimal loss of life on Israel’s side and for those Gazans who are truly innocent
- Pray that the outstretched arm of YHVH will not return before it brings justice to God’s enemies
- Pray for the raising up of Ezekiel’s prophetic Jewish army throughout the earth
Your prayers and support hold up our arms and are the very practical enablement of God to us in the work He has called us to do.
In Messiah Yeshua,
Donations can be sent to:
FINAL FRONTIER MINISTRIES
BOX 121971 NASHVILLE TN 37212 – 1971 USA
Donations can also be made on – line (by PayPal) through: www.davidstent.org